The General Ecology XL Water Purifier is compact, lightweight, & offers clean, purified water every time. There’s a way to set it up so that it is self-pumping; this is a little tricky to set up at first, but once you get it figured out (it comes with instructions) its pretty amazing. This is an ecologically-responsible AND a lightweight alternative to bottled water- less to haul in & less to have to take out.
Lonewolf has used this product for many years & still today; this product has worked for he & thousands of his students, & its unique design has kept it well-known at the top of the market for years.
A student commented one day: “Hey- if the water goes over the rocks, I heard it helps purify the water.”
I replied, “No- that’s not true. No water should be considered safe.” So, as we walked further up the stream, we saw a cow rotting in the water! It is better to be safe than sorry.
First Need is the only only pump device on the market which features a chemical-free purifier. It contains a proprietary (unique & patented), carbon-treated filtering media, described as an ‘electrostatically charged structured matrix’. It’s micro filtration design causes “adsorption‘- the suspended matter in the water- including viruses, bacteria, & protozoa that are swimming in water- adhere & get caught in the micro-filtration design- all without chemicals.
- Pumps roughly 1.9 liters per minute. One liter per minute is considered a basic flow rate for pump filters.
- Proven to remove viruses, bacteria, & protozoa from water.
- Water is instantly drinkable.
- With no chemical interaction; no taste is imparted to the water.
- Replaces bottled water, reducing waste.
Tips for Using Hassle-Free:
- If you are dealing with very murky water, put the water in a bucket & let the silt & mud fall to the bottom, then use the First Need.
- Carry a replacement cartridge with you- they last for 550 Liters; men require ~ 3 liters & women 2.2 liters per day. Therefore- for one person- a filter should last most men 183 days & women 250 days.